Plenary by #SusanIngham, on behalf of co-presenters in audience at @PUARLuo 2018 Conference.
This digest was created in real-time during the meeting, based on the speaker’s presentation(s) and comments from the audience. The content should not be viewed as an official transcript of the meeting, but only as an interpretation by a single individual. Lapses, grammatical errors, and typing mistakes may not have been corrected. Questions about content should be directed to the originator. The digest has been made available for purposes of scholarship, posted by David Ing.
Copresenters: Maggie Moore Alexander, Sergio Porta, Yodan Rofe, Susan Ingham, Christopher Andrews, and Duo Dickinson
1 year post-graduate certificate, focused on design and building
- In Sorrento, founded on Christopher Alexander’s theories
- This happened in Berkeley, but that ended in the late 1990s
Second year starts in a few weeks
Founded on 13 principles
3 areas of study:
- 1. Construction and Cultivation
- 2. Self, Community and Space
- 3. Seminars, including a year-long study on the Nature of Order
The Home Program: Constant in human race, is making homes that give us joy and make beauty, not just survival
- U. Hartford, U San Fran self-selected students did a house, juried
Christopher Andrews: Carpets, Vessels and Tiles
Yodan: The Sant’Anna Garden Project